If you are renting, purchasing, or building a new home in the cooperative’s service area, you will need to
either fill out the Preliminary Membership Application (click for online form) or call the office to sign up for
electric service. We must speak with you in order to establish your member account.
What we will need:
1. Your full name
2. Your date of birth
3. Your social security number
4. Contact phone numbers
5. Email address (if applicable)
6. All of the above information for additional contact on your account (spouse, family member)
7. Meter number and/or location number (found on grey meter base)
8. Letter of credit from current electric company (will determine security deposit)*
As a member-owned cooperative, UDWI requires a $25 refundable membership fee prior to connection
of electric service. A refundable security deposit may be acquired (based upon credit check/letter).
Please fill out the Preliminary Membership Application to be contacted by a member services
You may also call us at 812-384-4446 or toll free 800-489-7362 during regular office
hours, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m,. Monday through Friday.
*If a letter of credit is not available, UDWI can complete an online utility credit check for a cost of $5.