ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and Analyze Distribution Line extensions
- Utilize GIS based staking software and GPS unit to create staking sheets and work orders.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant codes, trends, and technology while following RUS design specifications and NESC requirements
- Prepare and maintain necessary documentation for permits, joint use facilities, easements and underground releases
- Conduct field checks
- Meet with new and existing members, builders, developers, electricians, and engineering firms to determine electrical power requirements
- Field data collection
- Research and analyze special projects, as assigned by supervisor
- Assist Operations Department as required
- Participates in annual meeting as required
- Work in an on-call status as required
Preferred candidates will possess the qualifications listed below:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma required
- Associate degree or equivalent from a college or technical school required
- Six months to one-year related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Positive customer service experience required
- Strong exposure to various computer software required
- Previous experience in the area of engineering, mapping, and staking software, including computer applications for system maintenance is desired
- Knowledge of RUS design specifications and NESC requirements preferred
- Knowledge of or training in GIS preferred
PERSONAL & POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be physically able to work outdoors in all weather conditions and walk on various terrain.
- Must have the physical ability to work inside an office environment and sit at a desk to handle phone calls, perform various computer work, talk with the general public, members, and co-workers.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management, employees, members, and others.
- Must be able to write and speak English.
- Must have a high level of grammar, spelling, and proofreading capabilities with organizational and file construction/retrieval skills.
- Must be detailed oriented and able to meet project deadlines.
- Must have the ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner in the workplace and while representing the cooperative away from the office.
- Must have the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must observe all safety rules and regulations adopted by REMC.