Customer Service Representative
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide prompt, efficient, and courteous customer service
- Answer telephone inquiries and/or direct calls to the appropriate person or department
- Greet and direct visitors and/or customers to the appropriate person or department
- Assist customers with membership, deposits, service orders, payments, and billing questions
- Maintain and balance a cash drawer
- Assist customers when buying products sold by the Cooperative
- Collect and process payments
- Assist during power outages by answering telephones
- At the close of the day, ensure all monies are placed in cash bags
- Assist Collections, Operations, Marketing, and Billing Departments as needed
- Process undeliverable mail returned from the Post Office
- Process non-pay disconnects/reconnects as required
- Participate in annual meeting, safety training, and civic events sponsored by the Cooperative
- Creates, maintains, and coordinates service orders for existing members and new construction
- Other duties may be assigned according by the needs of the Cooperative
JOB REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee must be able to work effectively daily with a variety of individuals; must have the ability to remain flexible and adaptable to change; must be able to use office equipment i.e., 10-key adding machine, typewriter, multi-line telephone system, fax machine, copy machine, and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Employee must be able to assure the confidentiality and integrity of information, reports, and data processed by the Cooperative.
- Employee must have the ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner in the workplace and while representing the cooperative away from the office.
- Employee must observe all safety rules and regulations adopted by REMC.
You must also meet the following requirements:
- A High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or six to twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
If you have an interest in this position, please reply to HR@udwiremc.com with a current resume and your letter of interest. The posting will close on February 26th.