Touchstone Energy Home
Lower your heating and cooling costs for years to come...by building a Touchstone Energy Home!
This FREE program offered by your REMC helps you construct a home that is a CHAMPION in energy efficiency.
The program has many benefits for the member who is building a home:
- More energy efficient
- Less costly to operate
- Cleaner and safer environment
- Increased comfort
Today’s Indiana Touchstone Energy Home features some of the most energy-efficient, building-comfort guidelines in the new home/remodeling industry. Everything being equal, a member who participates in the program can expect heating and cooling costs to be considerably lower than a standard built home. A Touchstone Energy Home comes with a one-year heating and cooling guarantee, a home performance report, a certificate of approval, and a pewter Home medallion for display on the home. Get more information about this program by clicking here.
The Touchstone Energy Home Program features several qualifications:
- R-19 total wall insulation
- R-42 ceiling insulation Attic ventilation
- Conditioned crawlspace with perimeter R-10 insulation
- House-wide moisture control and water management
- Double pane, low-e windows
- Metal-insulated exterior doors Infiltration control to help prevent air leaks
- Externally vented exhaust systems in bathrooms and kitchen
- Exterior house wrap
- Heating and cooling ducts located in conditioned space
- Energy-efficient electric water heating
- High-efficiency electric heat pump or geothermal unit
We would be happy to talk with you about how you could benefit from being a part of the program. As always, your REMC is looking out for you, the member, and is here to share information about subjects valuable to you, like energy savings.